There are two pieces of data that are transmitted from our apps:
- The Unique Device ID (UDID): this is a random string of letters and numbers unique to each iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. An example UDID is ecdcd81cf16d1f59b5d66791dba0ee5c627a8a8e. There is no personally identifiable information in this UDID.
- The IP address of the device: this is the address on the Internet currently assigned to the device. An example IP address is 18.104.22.168. There is no personally identifiable information in the IP address. Every use of the Internet transmits your IP address, whether on your home computer or your mobile device – it’s a fundamental of how the Internet works.
This data is used for advertising purposes on our free ad-supported apps and for us to track usage counts on individual apps. Without this data, we could not provide free ad-support apps.
Here are some things we DO NOT transmit without your permission:
- We DO NOT transmit your location without your permission.
- We DO NOT transmit your address book from your device.
- We DO NOT transmit your email address or contact info.
- We DO NOT transmit any demographic info about you (age, gender, race, etc).
- We DO NOT transmit any personal data from your device.
- We DO NOT sell your data to third-party companies.